SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
- Designs and creates a wide variety of products with a proven record of revenue growth
- Executes concept development from concept through production with an eye for detail and quality
- Creates garment illustrations, technical sketches, and tech packs for design and production of apparel
- Specializes in: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, research, sketching, fitting, tech packs, design development, sourcing
FREELANCE FASHION DESIGNER - SAN FRANCISCO, CA
2016 - Present: collaborator at BETABRAND
I'm Betabrand's first ever full-time contributor to their Crowdfunding platform. Basically, I conceptualize new products to feed into their Think Tank and oversee the development of my ideas through their sampling process.
Currently, successful design at Betabrand means creating products that solve problems for the everyday lives of the Betabrand customer: women and men, 25-45 years old, largely in urban areas.
You can check out my current products and concepts at: https://www.betabrand.com/u/tony
Betabrand - San Francisco, CA
2014 - 2016: LEAD Womenswear Designer
- Launched the womenswear program at Betabrand and through force of sales of successful designs has expanded the women's line from 5% of total company revenue to 80% within two years.
- Executed full product cycles from ideation through website presentation. This includes design, tech packs, sourcing, fittings, product development, and photo direction.
- Responsible for the timely design and development of 120-150 products at a time in various stages of production.
- Collaborated with dozens of outside designers, contributors, and taste-makers of varying design abilities to create products that will engage the Betabrand customer base and expand the brand to new customers.
- Researched and identifies niche, under-served, and emerging markets for potential expansion.
- Converted nascent trends into conversation worthy products.
- Planned and develops several different capsule collections per season.
- Sourced new fabric and trim regularly from a variety of domestic and international vendors
- Designed a variety of individual garment concepts weekly to be fed into company’s proprietary crowd funding platform.
2013: ASSISTANT MENSWEAR DESIGNER
- Designed and developed a capsule collection of sportswear from concept to production including all product development and sourcing.
- Assisted in sketching, tech pack creation, and sourcing for styles originated by the Senior Designer
- Created construction call-out sketches to convey precise design ideas to the Technical Design team to cut down on garment sampling iterations.
- Developed new colorways and updated bodies of pre-existing styles for seasonally changed colorways.
2012-2013: DESIGN/PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
- Sourced new fabrics and trims for the design team
- Placed PO's and followed up with vendors to ensure timely development of new styles
- Completed quality control for all new incoming fabrics, testing shrinkage and wear
- Researched trends and relevant concepts for the design team to use in developing new ideas
BAND OF OUTSIDERS - LOS ANGELES, CA
2011: DESIGN/PRODUCTION INTERN
- Managed style production matrix, organizing fabric, trim, and cost and assisted in creation of line sheets
- Liased with Los Angeles production facilities in creation of luxury-level product
- Re-colored prints and made print repeats
- Conducted trend and product research to aid design team in design development
Farm Tactics - Los Angeles, CA
2011: Production/Design Assistant
- Problem solved on a daily basis with Los Angeles based production facilities to ensure timely creation of quality product.
- Worked with designer to move products through design, sourcing, and sampling, to put ideas into production.
- Began use of official technical flats, cut tickets, and purchase orders for better book keeping and quality control.
Self Employed - Los Angeles, CA
2011: Womenswear Designer/Pre-Production Manager/Stylist
- Created a 30 piece collection from concept to a completed sample line.
- Worked with Los Angeles production facilities to take original vision through entire pre-production process.
- Organized and styled photo shoots for creation of a look book and editorial images
CC Couture - Los Angeles, CA
2010 - 2011: Sample Coordinator/Design Room Assistant
- Managed creation and disbursement of all pre-production and salesman samples
- Measured all incoming first, fit, and TOP samples for tolerance adherence and sent comments back to overseas factories
- Participated in fit sessions and modified tech packs accordingly
- Assisted in line development process, modifying designs to better appeal to target market
Andrew Christian - Glendale, CA
2010: Production Intern
- Developed standardized tech pack template for all new styles.
- Created technical flats in Illustrator and tech packs in Excel for pre-production.
Academy of Art University - San Francisco, CA
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree - Fashion Design
Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising - Los Angeles, CA
Associate in Arts Degree - Merchandise Product Development